Rotomolding is also called Rotational moulding. It is a method of making hollow products. The quantitative powdery resin is put into the cold mould. The rotomolding machine drives the mould to rotate slowly around two mutually perpendicular rotating shafts. At the same time, an external heat source is used to heat the mould, so that the resin powder is melted and evenly coated on the inner surface of the whole mould with its own gravity. Finally, the hollow products are obtained after cooling and demoulding.
Features of rotomolding process:
1. Low cost of rotomolding mould: For the same size of the product, the cost of rotomolding mould is about one third to one quarter of the blowing molding and injection molding;
2. Good edge strength of the rotomolding product: The thickness of the edge of the rotomolding product can be more than 5 mm, which can completely solve the problem of the thin edge of the hollow products.
3. Installing various inserts.
4. Very complex shape of rotomolding products with more than 5mm wall thickness.
5. Producing totally closed rotomolding products
6. Rotomolding products can be filled with foaming materials to achieve heat preservation;
7. The wall thickness of the Rotomolding products can be adjusted freely (more than 2mm) without adjusting mould
8. The product is hollow and seamless, but the wall thickness can be adjusted to make the product with high strength
9. It can provide a variety of surface pattern processing, produce all kinds of color products, and can be used for anti-UV and anti-aging treatment with a variety of stone, wood simulation effects.
The main application of rotomolding products
With the continuous development of rotomolding technology, the types of rotomolding products are increasing, and the scope of application is also expanding. At present, the industries involved in rotomolding products in China and abroad include means of transportation, traffic safety facilities, entertainment industry, river channel dredging, construction industry, water treatment, medicine and food, electronics, chemical industry, aquaculture, textile printing and dyeing, etc.
1. Rotomolding plastic products for containers
This kind of plastic parts are widely used in storage and supply boxes, water tanks, storage and transportation containers for various industrial chemicals, such as acid, alkali, salt, chemical fertilizer, pesticide storage tanks, chemical enterprises, industrial coating, washing tanks, reaction tanks, turnover boxes, garbage bins, septic tanks, domestic water tanks, etc. For example, the Cross-linked polyethylene resin barrel made of maricxcl-100 by Philips company is comparable to the metal barrel, and it has good chemical corrosion resistance and low maintenance cost.
2. Rotomolding plastic products for vehicles
It mainly uses polyethylene and PVC paste resin to make various automotive parts, such as air conditioning elbow, vortex tube, backrest, handrail, oil tank, fender, door frame and gear lever cover, battery shell, fuel tank of snowmobile and motorcycle, aircraft oil tank, yacht and its water tank, small boat and buffer absorber between ship and dock, etc.
3. Rotomolding plastic products for sports equipment, toys and crafts
The main products are PVC paste Rotomolding plastic products , such as water polo, floating ball, small swimming pool, recreational boat and its water tank, bicycle seat cushion, rotomolded pallet, surfboard and so on. Because the Rotomolding mould can be manufactured by precision casting, electroforming and other processes, the surface of the Rotomolding mould has a good effect of "copying" the fine structure of the mould cavity surface, so the Rotomolding mould method can make the products very delicate and beautiful, so it is often used to make products with great ornamental value, especially toys such as ponies, dolls, toy sandbox, fashion model, crafts, etc.
4. Rotomolding plastic products for all kinds of large or non-standard parts
Rotational molding products are also widely used in various boxes, shells, large pipes and other products, such as rack, machine shell, protective cover, lampshade, agricultural sprayer, furniture, canoe, camping vehicle roof, playground device, planter, bathroom, toilet, telephone room, billboard, chair, road isolation pier, traffic cone, river sea buoy, anti-collision cylinder and building application. Work barrier, etc.
Our company has a long-term custom-made all kinds of rotomolding moulds and products for customers in China and abroad. We can design and open the mould according to the drawings or samples provided by customers, and can process all kinds of rotomolding products for customers.