Rotomolding, also known as rotational moulding, is the process of loading quantitative powdery resin into a cold mold. The rotomolding machine drives the mold to rotate slowly around two mutually perpendicular rotating shafts. At the same time, the mold is heated by an external heat source, so that the resin powder is melted and evenly coated on the whole mold inner surface with its own gravity, and finally cooled A method for obtaining hollow products after demoulding.
Characteristics of rotomolding process：
1. Low cost of rotomolding mold: for products of the same specification and size, the cost of rotomolding mold is about 1/3 to 1/4 of the cost of blow molding and injection mold;
2. The edge strength of the rotomolding product is good, and the thickness of the edge of the product can be more than 5 mm, which completely solves the problem of thin edge of the hollow product;
3. Various inlays can be placed in the rotomolding;
4. The shape of rotomolding products can be very complex, and the thickness is more than 5mm;
5. Rotomolding can produce totally closed products;
6. The rotomolding plastic products can be filled with foaming materials to achieve heat preservation;
7. No need to adjust the mold, the wall thickness of the rotomolding products can be adjusted freely (more than 2mm);
8. The product is hollow and seamless, but the wall thickness can be adjusted to make the product with high strength;
9. Rotomolding can provide a variety of surface pattern processing, production of various color products, can be used to prevent ultraviolet aging, for a variety of stone, wood simulation results.
Main application of rotomolding products
With the continuous development of rotomolding forming technology, the types of rotomolding forming products are increasing, and the scope of application is also expanding. At present, the industries involved in rotomolding products at home and abroad include transportation, traffic safety facilities, entertainment industry, river channel dredging, construction industry, water treatment, medicine and food, electronics, chemical industry, aquaculture, textile printing and dyeing, etc.
1. Container type rotomolding plastic parts
This kind of plastic parts are widely used in storage and supply boxes, water tanks, storage and transportation containers for various industrial chemicals, such as acid, alkali, salt, chemical fertilizer, pesticide storage tanks, chemical enterprises, industrial coating, washing tanks, reaction tanks, turnover boxes, garbage bins, septic tanks, domestic water tanks, etc. For example, the Cross-linked polyethylene resin barrel made of maricxcl-100 by Philips company is comparable to the metal barrel, and it has good chemical corrosion resistance and low maintenance cost.
2. Rotomolding plastic parts for vehicles
It mainly uses polyethylene and PVC paste resin to rotomolding plastic various automotive parts, such as air conditioning elbow, vortex tube, backrest, handrail, oil tank, fender, door frame and gear lever cover, battery shell, fuel tank of snowmobile and motorcycle, aircraft oil tank, yacht and its water tank, small boat and buffer absorber between ship and dock, etc.
3. Sports equipment, toys and crafts
There are various parts made of PVC paste rotomolded, such as water polo, floating ball, small swimming pool, recreational boat and its water tank, bicycle seat cushion, rotomolded pallet, surfboard and so on. Rotomolding molds can be manufactured by precision casting, electroforming and other processes; the surface of rotomolded parts “replicates” the fine structure of the mold cavity surface is very effective, so rotomolding can make the product quite delicate and beautiful, so it is commonly For the production of products with greater ornamental value, especially toys such as pony, doll, toy sand box, fashion model, crafts and so on.
4. All kinds of large or non-standard rolling plastic parts
Rotational molding products are also widely used in various boxes, shells, large pipes and other products, such as rack, machine shell, protective cover, lampshade, agricultural sprayer, furniture, canoe, camping vehicle roof, playground device, planter, bathroom, toilet, telephone room, billboard, chair, road isolation pier, traffic cone, river sea buoy, anti-collision cylinder and building application. Work barrier, etc.
Our company always makes all kinds of rotomolding and products for customers at home and abroad. We can design and open the mold according to the drawings or samples provided by customers, and can process all kinds of rotomolding products for customers.